Job offer: (01) COVID-19 response Supervision Officer – Cameroon-M / F
Date of publication: 02 / 09 / 2020
Category: Full time
Type of contract: CDD
Duration: 06 months
Location: Bamenda (North-West region), Cameroon
Functional Area: Coordination of COVID-19 BMD health response
Company: Doctors of the World Switzerland (Medecins du Monde Suisse)
Travel Required: Supervision of activities and support to teams in the project health district.
The COVID 19 pandemic in Africa threatens particularly the populations, especially the most vulnerable, given the weakness of health systems and the difficulties in implementing confinement strategies. As a humanitarian medical organization, MDM-CH – MEDECINS DU MONDE SUISSE with the support of Swiss cooperation, will be implementing a project to support health services to execute the response plan against COVID-19 pandemic within the health sector in the Northwest region of Cameroon.
Given the immense and unprecedented needs, MDM-CH has a significant need for human resource, with experience in working in an emergency context and in epidemic management. This medical and paramedical staff must be a dynamic, committed and flexible person with a great capacity for adaptation and resistance to stress with regards to deployment in several intervention areas for the following position:
Health District Supervisor (01)
The position of Supervisor for the COVID-19 response in health districts is a full-time, paid, fixed-term employment contract under Cameroon law for a period of 6 months. In order to meet operational needs, the current recruitment process is for immediate deployment.
TYPE OF POSITION
Provides technical support to project teams to ensure the quality of MdM-CH programs and medical activities in their development and implementation.
FUNCTIONAL AND HIERARCHICAL LINK
- S/he is under the supervision of the COVID-19 project manager and reports daily to her/him on her/his activities.
- S/he collaborates and interacts with the team set up within the health district to coordinate the response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- S/he supports and supervises the curative care and the preventive aspect of the response in her/his area of intervention, within kin attention to the activities of medics.
- S/he supervises the activities of health officers.
- S/he supports Health District Officers
MISSION AND MAIN ACTIVITIES
- Implement, ensure the proper functioning and evaluate all activities programmed as part of the fight against COVID-19 in the area of intervention;
- Effectively supervise the management of support staff in accordance with current standards and protocols to ensure the quality, continuity of care, and well-being of healthcare teams.
- Organize PCI within healthcare teams, transmit and support good standard and complementary protection practices in epidemics.
- Be proactive and provide proposals for improvement or adaptation in all areas of implementation
- Ensure general monitoring of project activities
- Collect, consolidate and ensure accurate, quality and timely reporting of project to Mergers & Acquisitions.
- Regularly organize joint meetings with stakeholders to exchange vital information on the project.
- Identify capacity gaps and ensure the improvement of the capacities of health personnel and officers in health facilities.
- Liaise with the Project Coordinator to ensure the quality and combination of health actions in various patient care sites.
- Involve the District and Health Area representative as much as possible in all project activities.
- Create a good channel for collaboration and participation of all project stakeholders (local authorities, community and religious leaders, etc.).
- Ensure ownership of the project through capacity building of local dialogue structures in collaboration with the head of the district health office
- Ensure the promotion of hygiene and sanitation in health care sites
- Pay attention to combating all forms of discrimination against health workers.
- Support CHWs in the implementation of mental health and GBV activities in the community
- Ensure referral and support for survivors of GBV in LOU
COMMUNICATIONS AND WORK RELATIONS:
The Health District supervisor should maintain good collaboration and good communication with technical and financial partners (MINSANTE, MINAS, MINPROFF) in the field, as well as with local authorities, the head of health structures and local focal points in the area of response to COVID-19.
- State-registered nurses with at least 05 years’ experience
- Diploma in public health is an asset;
- At least 03 years’ experience in hospitalization (intensive care / resuscitation);
- At least 03 years’ experience in supervision of health activities in a health district;
- Proven experience of 18 months in the management of large volumes (in terms of activities and teams) in the humanitarian sector is an asset;
- Experience in managing health emergencies (conflicts, disasters and epidemics);
- Experience in training and supervision of field health activities (implementation of support tools)
- Good knowledge of the organization and functioning of the healthcare system
- Good knowledge of national curative care protocols (IMCI, PCIMA) and preventive care (PEV, CPE,) of Cameroon
- Good knowledge in the fight against violence and specifically GBV is an asset;
- Good writing skills and ability to formulate proposals and take initiatives,
- Knowledge of the organization and functioning of the healthcare system and the referral/counter-referral system
- Good interpersonal skills
- Patience – Dynamism – Team spirit – Analytical spirit – Spirit of initiation
- Sense of observation – Creativity – Organizational ability
- Diplomatic – Negotiator
- Be flexible, able to work under pressure and in a multicultural context;
- Have a sense of organization and aptitudes for communication and interpersonal relations.
- Good mastery of written and oral English is essential
- Intermediate level in both written and spoken French
- Work under pressure to deliver results
- Respect strict deadlines
LEVEL OF CONTACT WITH CHILDREN
- Medium contact: Low interaction with children and youth
To apply for this position. Your application should include:
- A cover letter
- A detailed CV including two references
- Add address to which the application documents should be sent, with the following mandatory subject line “COVID-19 RESPONSE SUPERVISION OFFICER-BDA”
MdM-CH recruitment procedure includes 3 key steps:
- A pre-selection based on the file submitted (only candidates whose skills and experiences correspond to the profile described in the offer will be selected for the written test)
- A written technical test
- An oral interview
Closing date: September 08, 2020 at 1 p.m.
MdM-CH Cameroon operates in an equal opportunity environment and actively encourages diversity. Only applications received in French or English, will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MdM-CH has a child protection and gender equality policies that are integral part of the recruitment process.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged.
| (c) http://minajobs.net