Les recrutements au Cameroun sont gratuits, prenez garde si des frais vous sont demandés et n'envoyez jamais de l'argent par transfert électronique (MOMO ou OM), ni de pièces personnelles comme votre CNI - CamerSpace.com
Vacancy no.: DC/YAOUNDE/G2/2020/09
Publication date: October 24, 2020
Application deadline (midnight Yaounde time): November 15, 2020
Job ID: 4884
Organization Unit: DWT/CO-Yaounde
Contract type: Fixed Term
Contract duration: One year renewable
Under article 4.2, paragraph (e) of the Staff Regulations, the filling of vacancies in technical cooperation projects does not fall under Annex I of the Staff Regulations and is made by direct selection by the Director-General.
In order to support the best informed process in the filling of the above-mentioned vacancy by direct selection, the ILO invites interested candidates to submit their application online by the above date.
The following are eligible to apply:
*The recruitment process for General Service positions is subject to specific local recruitment criteria. The ILO may only offer a contract to persons who have a valid residency status and work permit in the Republic of Cameroon.
Technical cooperation appointments are not expected to lead to a career in the ILO and they do not carry any expectation of renewal or conversion to any other type of appointment in the Organization. Extensions of technical cooperation contracts are subject to various elements including the following: availability of funds, continuing need of the functions and satisfactory conduct and performance.
*Conditions of employment for external candidates: In conformity with existing ILO practice, the appointment of an external candidate will normally be made at the first step of this grade.
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is a Specialized Agency of the United Nations System with a mandate to promote social justice, notably through the Decent Work Agenda. The Decent Work Support Team for Central Africa and country office for Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea and Sao Tome and Principe based in Yaoundé (ETD/P.O BOX Yaoundé), represents the ILO in Central African countries including Sao Tome and Principe.
The International Labour Office and the Government of the Republic of Cameroon signed an agreement October 8, 2020 for the implementation in Cameroon of the project for the development of urban infrastructure and the creation of decent jobs for young people. This will be done through the optimal use of labour-based approaches in the realization of urban infrastructure in Maroua and Bamenda financed by the Government of Cameroon and the French Development Agency. As part of the C2D Regional Capitals Program, the overall objective of the project is to contribute to the local development of these localities with local labour and locally available materials. It is articulated around two specific objectives :
• Improve the level of employability of young people through training in the construction of basic infrastructure;
• Improve the level of service of socio-economic infrastructures as well as the state of urban infrastructures to contribute to the improvement of the living and working conditions of the population.
The ILO technical assistance aims to respond to a new approach of the French Development Agency (AFD) to take into account the issue of employment, especially the problem of youth employment in its strategies and interventions at the national level. In this particular case of urban development, it also responds to the need to ensure the sustainability of infrastructure built or rehabilitated through the implementation of structures capable of ensuring their maintenance. To this end, the Agency has requested the ILO to provide technical assistance to the project owner and the implementation unit of the project in Cameroon. This project aims at building capacity for the integration of employment and the labour-based approach and employability.
The driver-messenger recruited under this job offer will take up his duties in Bamenda (North- West Cameroon).
Under the authority of the Director of DWT/CO – Yaounde and the direct supervision of the NPC, the Driver-Messenger will perform the following tasks:
• Driving the project vehicle for official purposes.
• Welcoming official staff at the airport and facilitate immigration and customs formalities.
• Picking up and deliver mail, diplomatic pouch, documents and other items outside the office.
• Performing daily maintenance on assigned vehicle, check fuel, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc. Performs minor repairs and make arrangements for major repairs and ensures the vehicle is kept clean.
• Maintaining records of vehicle movement, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, lubrication.
• Ensuring that the formalities provided for in the regulations are fulfilled in the event of an accident.
• Performing a variety of support functions including photocopying.
• Proceeding to the deposits and withdrawals of visa applications at the Embassies.
• Performing all other duties as assigned by management as required for the successful completion of the project.
Primary education, valid driver’s license, knowledge of driving rules and regulations, and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
Two years’ work experience as a driver with a safe driving record.
Good knowledge of the local language and knowledge of English. Practice of French would be an asset.
• Demonstrated ability to keep records of vehicle use ;
• Proven ability to safely drive a vehicle under local traffic conditions;
• Ability to obey instructions ;
• Ability to perform minor repairs ;
• Ability to lift and carry heavy documents and packages ;
• Being polite, courteous and discreet;
• Being cooperative and have integrity.
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit the ILO Jobs website. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
The ILO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process whether at the application, interview, processing or training stage. Messages originating from a non ILO e-mail account – @ilo.org – should be disregarded. In addition, the ILO does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.
N.B.: « The ILO attaches great importance to ethical values, diversity among its staff and aims to ensure gender balance among its members.
Only pre-selected applicants will be contacted for the appropriate tests.
Candidates who have been assessed and considered for referral but who have not been
selected for that vacancy may be offered another position at the same grade or at lower grade as long as they meet the minimum qualifications for the job.
Recruitment of the candidate is subject to receipt and availability of funds.
Votre site de référence pour l'emploi au Cameroun