Les recrutements au Cameroun sont gratuits, prenez garde si des frais vous sont demandés et n'envoyez jamais de l'argent par transfert électronique (MOMO ou OM), ni de pièces personnelles comme votre CNI - CamerSpace.com
Advocacy and Communications Coordinator Cameroon
The Advocacy and Communications Coordinator will play a lead role in coordinating the Country Office advocacy and communications initiatives, plans and activities.
- Identify and Coordinate NRC’s advocacy response to prioritized areas including protection-related issues;
- Develop/update and implement country-specific advocacy strategy, aligned to overall country strategy;
- Develop/update and implement communication and media strategies and action plans ;
- Ensure advocacy coherence and reinforce effective synergies between programmes and advocacy to develop products and initiatives with a NRC-evidence base;
- Ensure systematic advocacy training on advocacy and communication and build capacity of core competence staff.
- Support the provision of high quality analysis on the humanitarian situation in Cameroon, pertaining to displacement-affected, contributing to improved NRC programmatic response and informing internal and external advocacy products;
- Support programme staff in incorporating and integrating advocacy into all aspects of NRC’s programme activities, strategy and budgeting;
- Ensure that relevant Country Office staffs are informed and briefed on prioritized advocacy issues;
- Actively network with peers from other likeminded organizations involved in the response, and lead on development of joint field-based advocacy towards target audiences;
- Coordinate the preparation of high-quality briefings, letters and other written materials for internal and external use, ensuring strong evidence-base in messaging and following agreed sign-off procedures;
- Draft and deliver necessary reporting documents related to the advocacy, communication & media strategy/strategies, including Advocacy and media Key Messages;
- Participate in relevant fundraising opportunities for advocacy and contribute to the development of quality proposals, ensuring inclusion of advocacy activities on specific humanitarian and protection issues affecting displacement-affected where appropriate;
- Produce strong communications and media products, including press releases, media updates, photos, videos and social media posts;
- Develop and maintain a media network with international and local journalists and advise on media engagement ;
- Liaise and coordinate with Regional Advocacy, media and communication department and if necessary with global representation offices on talking points, tweets, press releases etc. geared for international audiences;
- Build a database of high-quality activity photos for NRC archives.
Generic professional competencies
- Post-graduate in a related field such as Human Rights, Mass Communication, Protection, Social Works among others;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience within the humanitarian field;
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Skilled in photography and video production;
- Experienced in writing Press Releases and media Talking points;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Fluency in English and French, both written and verbal.
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Solid understanding of international legal and policy processes relating to displacement;
- Documented/proven results related to the position’s responsibilities, particularly in analysis, drafting of messages, coordination and networking;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Knowledge of the Central and West African region.
Beginning: July 2021
Fix term Contract of 12 months
Duty Station: Maroua with 40% of field travel
Salary and benefits; Grade 7 step 1 NRC Cameroon salary Grid
Apply Before : 06/22/2021, 06:00 PM