Within delegated authority, the Operational Information Management and Performance Reporting Officer is responsible of providing support to all Operational Information Management & Performance Reporting activities and contribute to the establishment and presentation of the standard operating picture of the WFP Cameroon Programme portfolio and associated results that facilitate informed and timely decision-making at all levels in the organization. This role is under the overall supervision of the Country Director, with direct supervision from the Communications and Partnership Officer, (or reports to the Communications and Partnership Officer) and close collaboration with Head of Units and head of sub offices, to ensure that the reports and briefs reflect programme achievement at country level, taking into consideration the overall country partnerships and communication plan and donors specific requirements.
The following are the key deliverables:
- Support staff in assigned area to ensure that standard Operational Information Management (OIM) & Performance Reporting (PR) procedures and templates are followed to drive the quality, consistency and standardization of information management and performance reporting across WFP.
- Support the revision of reporting templates and prepare the Country Office reports such as SITREPs, Annual Country Report (ACR), leaflet of each Programme activity, donor reports, etc. and support the Communication & Partnership team to prepare talking points for events, briefing kits, funding proposals in close coordination with relevant Units including the field and sub offices of Cameroon Country office.
- Ensure a complete and consistent record of discussions and decisions of key meetings. Prepare a high quality, accurate reports of these meetings.
- Monitor and review regular sources of information and data required for preparation of reports e.g., Information from NGOs, media, surveys, field information etc. and report relevant information to enable informed decision-making and action planning by senior management.
- Collate and assist in the dissemination of political and humanitarian analysis pertaining to WFP current or future responses and donor policies, trends and preferences to ensure country specific input to WFP’s operational reporting.
- Collaborate with counterparts internally and with other UN agencies to ensure consistency in humanitarian information and to complement WFP analysis and information.
- Perform other duties as may be required.
- Education: GCE Advanced Level or BaccalauréatA University degree or “Licence professionnelle” with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses in Information Management, Journalism, International Development, Political Science, Economics, Social Sciences or Communication will be an asset.
- Over 3 years of professional experience in a relevant field of work, with background and interest in international humanitarian development, communication, information management and reporting, or related field. Experience as a photo journalist, newspaper reporter for online media, national or international newspaper, editing and publishing is an asset.
- Fluency in English and French (Level C)
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
- Ability to travel frequently and to work in difficult and unsecure environments.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, develop, plan and manage programmes, leadership and teamwork abilities, good analytical, negotiation, communication and advocacy skills
- Ability to engage effectively at field level with a wide range of actors including those in the international humanitarian community and governments;
- Excellent analytical skills; resourcefulness, initiative, maturity of judgment, tact, and negotiation skills;
- Ability to work in a team, and establish effective working relations with persons of different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Good computer knowledge and skills;
- Familiarity with social media use
- Ability to write up short stories for publication
- Experience in interview techniques
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and simultaneously manage multiple tasks in an autonomous manner;
- Ability to handle any other additional tasks as requested by his supervisor.
Female Candidates are encouraged to apply
Application’s deadline: 13/05/2019