The primary duty of an Assistant Chef at Blessing Restaurant is to assist the Chef in the day-to-day operations of the Restaurant. As an Assistant Chef, note that you are a lead Chef in the making.
Their main activities include:
- Work with the Chef to coordinate and carry out the preparation of all meals (i.e. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner – including appetizers, desserts and occasional hot snacks.). For instance, Will split dishes with the chef
- In charge of Breakfast dishes such as coffee, milk, egg, pasta etc.
- Report directly to the Chef. Should be able to carry out assignments. Assignments vary, and are entirely at the Chef’s discretion
- Wash, rinse and clean dishes, pots, pans and utensils. Store in cupboards, drawers and bins. Help maintain all cooking items and service items in orderly and absolutely sanitary condition according to good health-keeping practices.
- Regularly clean and sanitize gallery walls, guest room, range hood, overheads, cabinet faces, fridge and freezer interiors, and cabinet interiors.
- Set prepared dishes so that they look aesthetically pleasing.
- Maintain knowledge of all recipes so that the head chef’s place can be filled effectively in case of absenteeism
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- At least intermediate Level in English and French