- Region: Est
- Ville: Bertoua
- Nom entreprise ou personne: UNHCR
- Type de contrat: CDD
- Publié le : 16 août 2018 10 h 39 min
- Expire : Cette annonce a expiré
Offre d’emploi à ONG UNHCR : Admin/Finance Officer
Job Title Admin/Finance Officer
Job ID 15775
Location Bertoua, Cameroon
Salary Grade P3
Hardship Level C
Family Location Type Family
Procedures and Eligibility
Before submitting an application, UNHCR staff members intending to apply to this Job Opening are requested to consult the Recruitment and Assignments Policy (RAP, UNHCR/HCP/2017/2 and the Recruitment and Assignments Administrative Instruction (RAAI), UNHCR/AI/2017/7 OF 15 August 2017.
Duties and Qualifications
Administrative/ Finance Officer
The Admin/Finance Officer is part of the Senior Management of an office. He/she will establish and maintain efficient administrative control mechanisms to ensure compliance with UN Financial, Administrative and Staff rules and procedures.
Frequent external contacts with counterparts in other organizations or at working level in national Governments on issues of importance to Organization¿s programmes. He/she acts as adviser or representative of the Organization with authority to discuss problems and seek common ground on which to recommend solutions based on predetermined guidelines provided by higher authority.
The incumbent directly supervises professional and general service staff.
– UNHCR premises for the country operation are managed in an efficient and cost-effective manner, and provide a healthy, safe and respectful working environment.
– UNHCR’s financial rules and regulations, policies and procedures are adhered to by the country operation.
– UNHCR’s resources are allocated efficiently and transparently to meet the country operation¿s objectives and priorities.
– The Delegation of Authority Plan (DOAP) is up-to-date and reflects the necessary segregation of duties in the office.
– The country operation complies with UN security standards.
– Manage the day-to-day personnel and administrative operations of the office.
– Serve as a member of the Local Contracts Committee (LCC).
– Advise the Head of Office and other staff on personnel and administrative policies and procedures.
– Participate in the physical verification of UNHCR property plant and equipment.
– Formulate, implement staff safety and security measures and ensure MOSS/MORSS compliance, in consultation with the Head of Office and Field Safety Advisers (FSAs)
– Oversee recruitment, appointments and administrative formalities concerning local General Service staff.
– Prepare operational context for all international posts in the office.
– Serve ex-officio in the APPC.
– Review and approve the settlement of employee entitlements including DSA, local salaries and the Medical Insurance Plan (MIP).
– Coordinate training and capacity-building activities to staff in administrative related areas.
– Ensure compliance with UNHCR¿s internal control framework, financial rules, policies and procedures requesting guidance and support from headquarters as necessary.
– Identify potential risks in relation to the financial management of the office, and propose mitigating action to senior management, when applicable.
– Ensure timely and accurate monthly and year-end closure of accounts, including bank reconciliation, and submit reports to headquarters as per prescribed deadlines.
– Prepare a consolidated budget for the country operation (Branch/Sub/Field Offices) for approval by Regional Office or Headquarters.
– Manage the FOCUS token for the country as a Focus Planning Coordinator.
– Ensure timely and effective follow-up to audit observations and recommendations.
– Provide training on financial matters.
– Select and negotiate with local service providers, within the established financial parameters.
– Ensure local compliance with UNHCR¿s administrative, human resources and financial policies and procedures.
– Approve vouchers, including ABOD and project disbursements;
– Approve and certify local bank reconciliation and petty cash accounts.
– Certify country-level financial expenditure reports submitted to the regional office or Headquarters.
– Settle amounts due, or recover travel payments, from country operation staff.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
– Undergraduate degree (equivalent of a BA/BS) in Accounting, Finance, Public or Business Administration, Economics or related field, OR undergraduate degree (equivalent of a BA/BS) in another field combined with a professional qualification in accounting or finance (CPA/CIA or equivalent) plus minimum 6 years of previous work experience relevant to the function of which at least 2 years in an intergovernmental organization (United Nations or similar). Graduate degree (equivalent of a Master’s) plus 5 years or Doctorate degree (equivalent of a PhD) plus 4 years of previous relevant work experience may also be accepted.
– Working experience with PeopleSoft/Oracle Financial and/or HR modules.
– Excellent computer skills, in particular in MS Office applications
– Excellent communication skills.
– Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
***For National Officer positions, very good knowledge of local language and local institutions is essentials.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
– Professional qualification in accounting or finance (CPA/CIA or equivalent).
– Excellent knowledge of United Nations administrative, human resources and financial rules and procedures.
– Knowledge of additional UN languages.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR Administrative/ Finance Officer positions. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
C001L3 – Accountability Level 3
C002L3 – Teamwork & Collaboration Level 3
C003L3 – Communication Level 3
C004L3 – Commitment to Continuous Learning Level 3
C005L3 – Client & Result Orientation Level 3
C006L3 – Organizational Awareness Level 3
M001L3 – Empowering and Building Trust Level 3
M006L3 – Managing Resources Level 3
M002L3 – Managing Performance Level 3
M003L3 – Judgement and Decision Making Level 3
M004L3 – Strategic Planning and Vision Level 3
M005L3 – Leadership Level 3
X001L3 – Analytical Thinking Level 3
X005L3 – Planning and Organizing Level 3
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
For those people applying for High Risk Duty Stations, we strongly encourage colleagues to read the country specific security and welfare profiles which can be found on the Intranet under Support Services – Duty of Care (https://intranet.unhcr.org/en/support-services/duty-of-care.html). These profiles have been specifically designed to answer some of the key questions (on security conditions, medical provisions, staff welfare, living and working conditions) potential applicants might have before deciding to apply. Ensuring staff are better informed is part of the increased attention UNHCR is paying to Duty of Care. This project is still in the pilot phase, and as such some of the information leaflets are being produced as we speak and might not be available yet. They will be soon, so keep checking.
Please note that the closing date for all vacancies in the Add.4 to March 2018 Compendium is Wednesday 5 Septembe 2018 (midnight Geneva time).
Click on the link to apply.
1416 vues au total, 3 vues aujourd'hui
Ceci peut vous interesser
Annonces populaires aujourd’hui
- Offre de stage chez Sociéte Sucrière du Cameroun – SOSUCAM : Stagiaire à la Fondation SOSUCAM Nkoteng (1192 vues)
- Offre d’emploi à ONG Action Contre la Faim – ACF : SUPERVISEUR MOBILISATEUR COMMUNAUTAIRE (972 vues)
- Offre d’emploi à ONG Action Contre la Faim – ACF : QUATRE (04) ANIMATEURS (RICES) COMMUNAUTAIRES (971 vues)
- Offre d’emploi chez Orange Cameroun : Senior Manager Marketing Operations (849 vues)
- Offre d’emploi à ONG UNICEF : Consultant National élaboration outils de communication et information sur l’Education sexuelle intégrée (IST/VIH et VBG) adaptés aux adolescents et jeunes et production contenu des programmes interactifs de sensibilisation via médias-réseaux sociaux (817 vues)
- Offre d’emploi chez APGRH : CAISSIER(E) (790 vues)
- Offre d’emploi : UN RESPONSABLE D’AGENCE (783 vues)
- Offre d’emploi à ONG UNICEF : Consultation Nationale pour l’analyse des données, la documentation et la communication du U-Report (11 mois), Yaoundé – Cameroun (758 vues)
- Offre d’emploi chez Archipel : Gérante Cyber (755 vues)
- Offre d’emploi : 3 Commerciaux (739 vues)