- Region: Toutes les régions
- Nom entreprise ou personne: UICN
- Type de contrat: CDD
- Publié le : 11 août 2018 12 h 32 min
- Expire : Cette annonce a expiré
DescriptionToutes nos offres sur https://camerspace.com/
Offre d’emploi à ONG UICN : Office Director – Central Africa
Vacancy #: 2864
Unit: TRAFFIC Central Africa
Organization: TRAFFIC International (TRAFFIC)
Location: Cameroon Country Programme Office, Yaoundé, Cameroon
Reporting to: Senior Programme Director – Africa & Europe
Work percentage: 100%
Expected start date: 01 October 2018
Type of contract: Fixed-term (36 months with possibility of renewal)
Closing date: 06 September 2018
TRAFFIC is the leading non-governmental organization working globally on trade in wild animals and plants in the context of both biodiversity conservation and sustainable development.
TRAFFIC International is a charity and limited company registered in the UK. TRAFFIC’s head office, based in Cambridge UK, provides worldwide leadership, coordination, cross-regional and corporate functions. TRAFFIC’s local engagement is managed through programme offices operating under the auspices of the UK charity, with staff based in a hub office and at other strategic locations where necessary. Programme offices operate within a geographic area of responsibility focused on one or multiple countries where TRAFFIC aims to help deliver priority programme outcomes. TRAFFIC works in strategic alliance with IUCN and WWF on wildlife trade issues.
The TRAFFIC Central Africa Office is based in Yaoundé, Cameroon, where TRAFFIC is locally hosted by the Cameroon office of IUCN PACO. The TRAFFIC Central Africa Office has a primary responsibility for engagement in Cameroon, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Gabon (emphasis on these first five), as well as Chad, Burundi, Equatorial Guinea, Rwanda, and São Tomé and Príncipe. The Central Africa Office further has the lead responsibility within TRAFFIC for engagement with the following inter-governmental institutions: the Central African Forest Commission on (COMIFAC), the Economic Community of Central African States (ECCAS) and the Congo Basin Forest Partnership (CBFP).
The Director of the TRAFFIC Central Africa Office:
• Leads and co-ordinates the development and implementation of TRAFFIC’s Programme Strategy within the area of primary responsibility.
• Manages the implementation of activities under TRAFFIC’s agreed programme workstreams, employing its evidence-based approach to influencing policy and practice
• Ensures effective administration of a project portfolio and annual budget of approximately [value]
• Leads the TRAFFIC Central Africa Office team including team management and development
• Actively develops partnerships with IUCN, WWF, and other potential collaborators in the office’s geographic area of responsibility
• Co-operates with senior colleagues in TRAFFIC worldwide in developing and marketing projects necessary to deliver the TRAFFIC Programme Strategy
• Participates fully in TRAFFIC internal management structures as requested by the Executive Director
Programme and project development
• Represents the TRAFFIC Central Africa Office team in the strategic development and management of TRAFFIC’s Programme Strategy
• Collaborates with senior colleagues across TRAFFIC in developing and marketing projects necessary to deliver the TRAFFIC Programme Strategy as a co-ordinated effort, including development of funding proposals and budgeting and scheduling planned activities.
• Ensures suffice staff resources are available for the effective development of funding proposals, budgets, and planned deliverables
Programme implementation and partner engagement
• Oversees implementation of project activities in the area of primary responsibility, developed under the TRAFFIC Programme Strategy, ensuring that the TRAFFIC Central Africa Office team delivers project results in a timely fashion and to expected quality standards
• Represents TRAFFIC in the area of primary responsibility and maintains links and good working relationships with relevant WWF and IUCN offices, governmental and inter-governmental agencies, major donors and relevant NGOs
• Ensures proactive liaison with others in TRAFFIC and with relevant WWF and IUCN programmes and offices about events, developments and activities related to wildlife trade and utilisation
• Ensures effective public and policy interactions with the media, government and non-government agencies, and with funding bodies and donor agencies
• Ensures that TRAFFIC has the institutional capacity to deliver its programme in the area of primary responsibility, including, where necessary, through outposted project staff and consultants
• Manages and supervises staff and consultants, handling personnel issues including performance promptly and proactively supporting staff development
• Manages the finances of the TRAFFIC Central Africa Office, ensures effective budgeting, administration and accounting of funds, as well as the accurate and timely reporting of consolidated and project-related financial statements and accounts
• Ensures compliance with the terms of the hosting agreements for the TRAFFIC Central Africa Office and any outposted staff and consultants.
• Ensures preparation and submission of technical reports on activities and achievements (including six-month and annual activity reports) and project reports for funding agencies
• Leads by example by actively demonstrating TRAFFIC’s values and supporting the collaborative culture of the organisation
• Participates in TRAFFIC’s business forum, actively taking a ‘big picture’ approach to the organisation’s development
• Strong management skills in programme planning, project development and the delivery of time-bound and quality assured project outputs
• Excellent interpersonal, team management and leadership skills. The ability to work effectively as part of a small team, with respect for and sensitivity to multi-cultural approaches
• Broad international experience and familiarity with conservation and socio-economic issues in the area of primary responsibility, preferably with several years of working experience in more than one country.
• Project development, design and marketing experience
• Strong financial management skills and proven experience of effectively developing and managing budgets
• Extensive professional work experience relevant to nature conservation, familiarity with major trends in biodiversity conservation policy and issues relevant to the trade in wild animals and plants
• A good understanding of CITES, CBD and other international nature conservation laws and agreements, of wildlife management and sustainable development issues, and of Central African policies regarding the conservation, use of and trade in biological resources
• A university degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. biology, political science, environment, social science, law or economics)
• Fluency in English and French, preferably a strong working ability in at least one other relevant local language, and excellent writing skills
• Strong communications skills and experience of working with the media
• A willingness to travel widely and frequently and work under pressure
• Familiarity with standard word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database software, and with electronic communication technology
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the « Apply » button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST). Please note that only selected applicants will be personally contacted for interviews.
Click on the link to apply.Toutes nos offres sur https://camerspace.com/
3436 vues au total, 1 vues aujourd'hui
Annonces populaires aujourd’hui
- Offre d’emploi chez ColetteDeco Tchouateu : vendeuse sur Internet pour un magasin (136 vues)
- Conseiller Clientele Particuliers (H/F) CHEZ ADECCO (135 vues)
- 10 Agents Commerciaux (111 vues)
- COLLABORATEUR(TRICE) COMPTABLE – BANQUE H/F CHEZ ADECCO (101 vues)
- recherche de 02 stagiaires académique en developpement web et design (99 vues)
- Charge De Recouvrement (H/F),DOUALA CHEZ ADECCO (96 vues)
- Auditeur/Réviseur Comptable (H/F) CHEZ ADECCO (96 vues)
- Analyste Financier Entreprise (H/F), BAGANGTE CHEZ ADECCO (96 vues)
- Technico-commerciale, Comptabilité/Fiscalité (93 vues)
- Recherche d’une Couturière apprentie pour stage puis embauche (91 vues)