Offre d’emploi à ONG PNUD : Communication Assistant – OIM
|Application Deadline :
||24-Mar-19 (Midnight New York, USA)
|Additional Category :
|Type of Contract :
|Post Level :
|Languages Required :
|The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Communication and Awareness-Raising Officer, the incumbent will be supporting the daily management of the activities of the Communication Unit. In particular, s/he will
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the gathering, preparing and disseminating of public information on IOM activities in the country, both in writing and verbally;
- In coordination with supervisor maintain and update the Mission’s online and social media resources, ensuring sustainable and timely dissemination of the Mission’s key messages;
- Report regularly on developments related to the social media webpage;
- Assist in the planning and implementation of social media campaigns;
- Collect high quality photo and video materials on the wide range of the Mission activities and assist with the production of content in the form of human interest stories from the field, photographs and video clips for an international audience;
- Provide support for a timely and efficient publication and distribution of media content for the Mission’s social media channels as well as the global website iom.int and other IOM media, websites, blogs (such as Medium) etc.;
- Support in the collection of information from colleagues on the Mission activities, including in the framework of the EUTF project, and publish information on the social media account of the Mission in compliance with IOM and donor’s requirements;
- Assist the IOM Chief of Mission with on-going media requests and coordinate interview opportunities for the COM;
- Provide support with the printing and production of all promotional, visibility materials and related items with printing companies/service providers;
- Provide support to the supervisor in the implementation and the evaluation of the awareness-raising campaign;
- Assist the supervisor in the organisation of events;
- Assist the supervisor in the preparation of annual/interim reports for the project donors;
- Participate in coordination meetings with government counterparts, NGOs and other stakeholders in close collaboration with the supervisor;
- Participate as relevant in UN Communication group meetings and collaborate to the implementation of the OneUN communication strategy;
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- < > demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a « hands-on » approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
Managing and sharing knowledge
- Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
- Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
- Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
- Practical knowledge of main social media publication mechanisms;
- Practical knowledge of tools to create infographics and videos;
- Knowledge of In Design and Photoshop software would be desirable.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree, or equivalent in International Relations, Political Science, Communication or related discipline,
- At least one year of previous experience in similar positions;
- Excellent knowledge of French and English;
- Experience in the UN system an advantage;
- Knowledge of IOM’s areas of work and administrative procedures an advantage;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy & confidentiality in performing responsibilities;
Excellent computer skills.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Cliquez ici pour postuler.