- Region: Sud-Ouest
- Ville: Buea
- Nom entreprise ou personne: INTERSOS
- Type de contrat: CDD
- Publié le : 27 juillet 2018 10 h 43 min
- Expire : Cette annonce a expiré
Offre d’emploi à ONG INTERSOS : Project Manager–Protection – Cameroun/English speaking area
1. Terms of Reference
Job Title: Project Manager–Protection
Country: Cameroun/English speaking area
Duty Station: Buéa, South-West Region, with missions in Yaoundé
Starting date: 16/08/2018
Contract duration: 6 months
Reporting to: Head of Mission
Supervision of: about 30 national staff
Closing date: 09 Aug 2018
2. General context of the project
Since 2016, the English-speaking regions of North-West and South-West Cameroon have experienced social instability, which translated in insecurity and armed violence since November 2017. The tension between armed groups and Law enforcement agency has seriously affected civilian populations, contributing to people displacement. The results of inter-agency evaluations estimate that more than 160,000 internally displaced persons (IDPs) in these areas are in need of emergency humanitarian assistance. In the South-West, the departments of Manyu, Meme and Lebialem are those where the crisis has had the greatest impact on the populations. Many villages have suffered significant material damage, many families have abandoned their villages to seek refuge in forests or in nearby villages and towns. Dozens of villages in the South-West have been abandon by their population.
INTERSOS is active in Meme and Manyu departments, since early June 2018 with protection monitoring activities that will be expanded in these departments and in the department of Lebialem to identify human rights violations, sensitize the local communities and provide an appropriate assistance to victims of rights violations. Activities will focus on protection monitoring and the prevention of human rights violations. Particular attention will be given to separated and unaccompanied to ensure, alongside ICRC, the process of IDTR. Group psychosocial support will also be one of the elements of the action, for the beneficiaries (including women and children), to start building an effective and structured support in the near future.
3. General purpose of the position
The Project Manager is responsible for the coordination, implementation and monitoring of activities in the area of intervention mentioned above.
She/He will be in charge of ensuring the coherent planning and implementation of project’s activities, respecting the operational planning defined with the Mission Coordination.
4. Main responsibilities and tasks
• Develop objective and timely planning of project activities in collaboration with Mission Coordination and its entire team;
• Ensure operational, financial and operation management in collaboration with team members;
• Coordinate with partners and stakeholders (humanitarian actors, administrative authorities), with donors’ representatives and other actors in the field;
• Coordinate the project in collaboration with the team through the monitoring of joint activities;
• Ensure the monitoring and evaluation of activities through the development and updating of monitoring tools in collaboration with Mission Coordination;
• Ensure the monthly submission of activity reports to Mission Coordination;
• Formulate narrative and financial reports to be submitted to ECHO;
• Contribute to the monthly update of the 5W to share with the cluster;
• Ensure timely submission of the monthly internal activity report to the organization including the PAT monitoring tool;
• Ensure an adequate communication line (internal and external) in coordination with the Mission Coordination and other project managers;
• Report to Mission Coordination any difficulties encountered in setting up and implementing the project and contribute to the identification of solutions;
• Participate in sectoral coordination meetings at field level;
• Contribute to security management according to established approaches and tools used in the mission.
Administrative management of the project:
• Ensure proper management of project funds (update project financial planning on a monthly basis, each month;
• Monitor project expenses in collaboration with the administration (project and country);
• Propose budgetary adjustments to the Finance Dept. in country if necessary, etc.;
• Liaise with the logistics team for project purchases and supply, to ensure correct application of INTERSOS and donor procedures.
Human Resource Management :
• Contribute to the selection and recruitment of national project staff as needed;
• Ensure the effective and objective evaluation of staff performance under his/her supervision every 3 months and the final evaluation;
• Supervise and manage the project team and provide ongoing training in collaboration with the Mission Coordination.
Capitalization and knowledge management:
• To ensure capitalization of experiences and data obtained within the framework of the project (see activity sheet and program sheet on IMP);
• Identify needs and propose new potential programs or activities to be implemented in the field;
• Transmit to the Mission Coordination all photo and video documentation of the activities, as well as any significant information on the intervention area and project activities to feed the needs of visibility, fundraising and communication.
5. Required profile and experience
· Advanced university degree in law, political science, social sciences, psychology, humanities or other relevant field.
· A first level university degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience may be accepted instead of the advanced university degree.
· Minimum 4 years’ experience in project management in the humanitarian sector. Excellent professional competence in the Protection sector. Knowledge of ECHO.
· Management skills and leadership in humanitarian response interventions;
· Good project proposals and reports writing capacity in accordance with INTERSOS standards and donors requirements;
· Ability to work with a tight schedule, with little supervision and under pressure;
· Strong communication skills, written and oral, especially in managing relationships with the teams;
· Ability to work in a team and independently;
· Knowledge of ECHO procedures and guidelines;
· Previous experiences in Africa (desirable).
· Proficient in English and French (oral and written)
· Capacity to adapt to simple living conditions, hot/hot dry weather and safety constraints
· Sense of organization, management and planning
· Excellent interpersonal skills, diplomacy and partnership approach
· Flexibility and ability to work in a difficult context, under pressure and in an uncomfortable environment
· Ability to communicate and work in a team and in a multicultural context
· Ability to work in a highly volatile security environment and with basic living conditions;
· Respect for INTERSOS values / mission.
HOW TO APPLY:
In case you encounter difficulties applying through INTERSOS’ platform, you can also apply by sending your CV, motivation letter and 2 references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org , with subject line: “SR-48-640 – Project Manager Protection – Cameroun ».
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Click on the link to apply.
3791 vues au total, 1 vues aujourd'hui
Annonces populaires aujourd’hui
- Recherche agents pour un centre d’appel (164 vues)
- Offre d’emploi chez Melt Group : SUPERVISEUR DES OPÉRATIONS – DOUALA (146 vues)
- Offre d’emploi chez Melt Group : TECHNICAL CONTRACT AND PROCUREMENT ASSISTANT – DOUALA (144 vues)
- Recherche d’une menager (143 vues)
- Offre d’emploi à ONG Conseil Danois des Refugiés – Danish Refugee Council : Support Services Manager (141 vues)
- Offres d’emplois chez Groupe Cible RH : COORDONNATEUR SAFETY – DOUALA (139 vues)
- Offre d’emploi chez Melt Group : RESPONSABLE DE LA COMMUNICATION INTERNE ET DE LA GESTION ADMINISTRATIVE H/F – DOUALA (139 vues)
- Offre d’emploi chez Melt Group : DIRECTEUR DES OPÉRATIONS – YAOUNDÉ (138 vues)
- formation pratique en comptabilité associé aux ERP SAARI (138 vues)
- Formation pratique et recyclage avec suivi personnalisé en paie et ressources humaines (138 vues)