- Region: Centre
- Ville: Yaoundé
- Nom entreprise ou personne: US Embassy
- Type de contrat: CDI
- Publié le : 16 avril 2018 11 h 19 min
- Expire : Cette annonce a expiré
Job Opportunity at US Embassy : Information Technology Assistant
Position Title: Information Technology Assistant
Opening Period: April 12 – 26, 2018
Series/Grade: LE 1805 08
Annual Salary: CFA 11,489,674
For More Info: Human Resources Office: (Sabastian Fih)
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 817 Yaounde
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Who May Apply: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
(For USEFM – FS is 06. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.)
Security Clearance Required: Local Security Certification
Duration Appointment: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas-Employees before you apply.
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Information Technology Assistant.
The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time from receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications, or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Duties: Incumbent is responsible for administering the SharePoint Intranet infrastructure at post including all web pages hosted on our site collection. Serves as Structured Query Language (SQL) database administrator, Microsoft Internet Information Service (IIS) manager, and content manager. Responsible for the installation, configuration, security, operation, and maintenance of servers, equipment, and software related to SharePoint/IIS/SQL Server infrastructure. Provides user support/helpdesk services and is responsible for mobile device tasks and services. Responsible for maintaining all Information Technology (IT) equipment inventory databases. Incumbent reports to the Senior Locally Employed Staff (LE Staff) Systems manager, this position is and does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications and Evaluations
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Computer Engineering is required.
Experience: At least three years working as a Network Engineer or in an IT Technical Support position with emphasis on database management and website hosting, Local Area Network (LAN) administration, help desk support and mobile computing is required.
Job Knowledge: The incumbent must possess advanced specialist knowledge in the IT field with advanced knowledge in Microsoft SQL, Internet Information Services (IIS), and website hosting. Desktop customer service skills are also required. Knowledge of computer hardware, software, networking, and administration. Applicant must be proficient in the use of mobile devices and must learn Department of State rules and procedures regarding networks and software. The applicant must also have a thorough knowledge of hardware and personal computer technical analysis and troubleshooting principles for both hardware and personal computers. Incumbent must have a thorough knowledge of systems analysis and design techniques, computer equipment and operations management, hardware and software technology. The incumbent needs to have a standard knowledge of the business/market environment where to quickly purchase emergency computers parts/supplies and good working knowledge of network capabilities in country.
Language: Level III (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English and French is required. (This may be tested.)
Skills And Abilities: Individual must be skilled in using a tactful and diplomatic manner when dealing with all levels of U.S. Government and LE Staff personnel. The ability to work on a team is necessary; must be able to negotiate and interact with other IRM employees, and present their concerns/desires to Information Resource Management (IRM). Incumbent must possess IT skills in Microsoft Server 2012, active directory, network security design principles, and Microsoft SQL server 2005. Incumbent must be able to learn SharePoint 2016 and InfoPath within 1 year. Incumbent should have excellent keyboard skills where speed and accuracy is essential. Must possess a valid driving license category B. (This may be tested.)
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Benefits: Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Yaounde may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring preference order:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is also a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM OR a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* Important: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/downloads/files/definitions-for-va
How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local Security Certification clearance. Applicants must submit a Universal Application for Employment (DS-174) which is available on U.S. Embassy Yaounde Internet Site: https://cm.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
To apply for this position, applicants should submit the documents listed below.
For more information on how to apply, visit the U.S. Embassy Yaounde internet site.
Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification or equivalent (if applicable)
Residency Permit (if applicable)
Copy of Passport or National ID
Transcripts (if available)
Language Scores (if available)
Driver’s License (if applicable)
Certificate or License (if applicable)
DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
SF-50 (if applicable)
Letter(s) of recommendation (if available)
List of references
USAID only – List of 3 references
USAID only – Current resume addressing requirements of position (no more than 3 pages)
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via telephone or email.
For further information: the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Cameroon.
1760 vues au total, 1 vues aujourd'hui
Ceci peut vous interesser
Annonces populaires aujourd’hui
- Offre d’emploi à ONG Plan International Cameroon : Administrative Assistants for UNDP and GFFO projects (38 vues)
- Offre de stage à ONG UNICEF : Stagiaire National à la Communication, Yaoundé – Cameroun (32 vues)
- Job Opportunity at NGO Conseil Norvégien des Réfugiés – CNR – Norwegian Refugee Council – NRC : Finance Officer (National Position) – Cameroon (32 vues)
- Offre d’emploi à ONG UNICEF : Recrutement d’un Consultant Statisticien-Informaticien (Education) (32 vues)
- Job Opportunity at NGO Conseil Norvégien des Réfugiés – CNR – Norwegian Refugee Council – NRC : HR & Admin Officer ( National position) – Cameroon (31 vues)
- Job Opportunity at NGO Conseil Norvégien des Réfugiés – CNR – Norwegian Refugee Council – NRC : Logistic Officer ( National position) – Cameroon (31 vues)
- Offre d’emploi à ONG Plan International Cameroon : Drivers Global Fund project and Maroua Program Unit (30 vues)
- Job Opportunity at NGO UNICEF : Operations Associate, (GS6), Yaounde, Camerooon #85967, Fixed term appointment, only for cameroonian nationals (30 vues)
- Offre d’emploi à ONG Cooperazione Internazionale – COOPI : Cameroun – Chef de Projet MHPSS (29 vues)
- Offre d’emploi à ONG INTERSOS : Chef de projet sécurité alimentaire – Cameroun (29 vues)